Date: 10/9/17 1:55 am
From: Steve Arena <pokedaddy151...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Long-tailed Jaeger(s)-First Encounter Beach, Eastham-is it possible? 10/7/17
Glenn. Is it possible? Sure. Anything is possible.

I will send out my report from Saturday from 12.5 hours of sea watching
from Race Point but one thing is for sure. Many many Parasitic Jaegers were
moving south all day on southerly winds.

Towards the end of my day I had several small groups of Parasitics very
high over the beach. They were moving into the wind and were very relaxed.
Almost like they were trying to find a place to stop for the night. They
too were seemingly buffeted by the wind but that to me was because they
were probably tired from migrating and maurading all day and were looking
for a place to chill.

My photos confirmed the ID as Parasitic.

With that said, did anyone in your group take any photos, however distant?
The pictures would be worth 1000 words.

Steve

--
Steve Arena Westboro, MA Sent from Gmail Mobile

Join us on Facebook!