Date: 10/8/17 5:43 pm
From: John K <johnny.phoenix13...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Fwd: Loss of birds
I think part of the issue could simply be the abundance of natural food
sources this year. I have plenty of birds around my property here in
southern Iowa County but few are coming to my feeders. The Goldfinches and
Sparrows are content to forage in our pastures and hang out at the small
creek we have out front. I’ve seen one or two at the feeders in the last
several weeks. I see and hear Titmouse but none go to the feeders.
White-breasted Nuthatches, Downey’s, Harry’s, Red-breasted Woodpeckers are
all around, but only occasionally seen on a feeder right now.
I think wild birds are happy to behave as wild birds since the weather is
nice and the food is plentiful.

John Kivikoski
Rural Iowa County