Date: 10/8/17 12:49 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Franklin's Gull - McKinley Beach MKE Co. 10/8/17, some images...
Hi all,
Stopping at McKinley Beach this morning produced the highlight of the day,
a Franklin's Gull. Not an adult, but a cool bird at that as we do not get
many Franklin's along the lakefront. It was mixed in a flock of about 25
Ring-billed Gulls along the beach area. I was off a ways when I went
through the flock of gulls with my bins and spotted the blackish head, I
knew it was going to be something cool. It only hung around for about a
minute after I arrived and then took to the sky and headed south. A
beautiful day to be out with full sun, mild temps, and a nice breeze.

Images of the Franklin's Gull from this morning at the link below if you
care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/franklins-gull-mckinley-beach-milwaukee-wisconsin-october-8-2017/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/franklins-gull-mckinley-beach-milwaukee-wisconsin-october-8-2017/>*

Thanks and good birding,