Date: 10/8/17 12:36 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Des Moines River migrants
Hey I-Birders,

It was very birdy along the Des Moines River this morning. I saw at
least 15 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS and about half that many NASHVILLE
WARBLERS. YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS were present in good numbers, and both
RUBY-CROWNED and GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS were also around, and a BROWN
CREEPER (FOS) put in an appearance as well. GRAY CATBIRDS and BROWN
THRASHERS are still hanging around, and a CAROLINA WREN sang from inside
the woods. Two COOPER'S HAWKS buzzed by, and a SHARP-SHINNED HAWK and I
had about a five minute stare down. I had no camera on hand, naturally. A
BELTED KINGFISHER perched over the water, pondering the small fish it had
just caught. Beautiful morning to be birding. Hope you made it outside.

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines