Date: 10/7/17 2:16 pm
From: Sam Miller <zamziller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dickcissel, Crane Swamp, Westborough, Oct 7, 2017
There was a fairly cooperative Dickcissel at Crane Swamp this afternoon. It was along the southeast edge of the field on the left as you drive in past the auto-auction yard, off Lyman St.—same field that one was in last fall.
My complete eBird list is below.
(The “hidden swamp” is northwest of the smokestack, and can be accessed, with a bit of difficulty, by parking near the smokestack, entering a field just to the west of the associated building, and finding the path (by the big scraggly cottonwood tree) that goes through to a weedy field. Walk the north edge of the field west 100 yards or so to find an obscure trail into the swamp. There was nothing rare here today, but I always have high hopes.)
Sam Miller
Acton, MA