Date: 10/7/17 1:57 pm
From: john--- via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] gull on Anchor Beach, Milford
For gulls I would heartily recommend “Gulls of the Americas” by Steve Howell Nd Jon Dunn. There are hundreds of wonderful photos showing most species not only in their textbook full cycle molts, but also in their myriad intermediate molts which can be very confusiing. Gull ID can often be daunting and this book helps a lot.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, October 7, 2017, Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

I came home and checked my Sibley's guide. The closest ID I could find was
a first winter Lesser Black backed gull but the gull I saw had a white
breast and face, no streaking.
Bill was black and smallish like the LBBG.
I only had my cell phone camera, and the gull was too far out on the rocks
for a picture.
Bev Propen, Orange