Date: 10/6/17 2:48 pm
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Lake Barney Sparrows, Dane co

I had the afternoon open, so I stopped at Lake Barney. I had 3 LeConte's, 1 up by the fence area and 2 over the hill and towards the lake. I didn't follow the one by the fence, but the other 2 were immatures. I had 4 Nelson's, all in the area of the SW part of the lake. I just walked the grasses, below the tall grass and above the real wet areas. 2 came out of the tall grasses, when I pished. I didn't see any Sedge Wrens or Common Yellowthroats. Lots of Palm Warblers up near the fence.
I stopped at a private field ,but it was getting wetter and darker. I saw 2 ammodramus sparrows, but was unsure of the ID.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.