Date: 10/5/17 4:03 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Palm Warbler flock at Ft Stevens
Down on the southern coast groups of 3-5 Palms are fairly regular, I have
at least three dozen such records. You all got me curious though so here
are some interesting numbers:

Coos County:
6 together on N Spit Coos Bay on 11/9/03 with 7-8 there on 11/11 and 5-7
through 12/3.

6 same location on 11/9/04

Curry County:
20(!) on Christmas day 2002 at Blue Silos on way into Floras Lake. My wife
pulled off here and we immediately saw the flock which was working south
along fenceline. I counted them one at a time as they moved south in a
flock right next to the car. There were still 10 here on 1/7/2003.

Had 9 at the same silos on 11/20/2011.

Nearby on Christmas day 2016 there were 6 or 7 with a flock of bluebirds.

As mentioned numerous flocks of 5 in both counties, some migrants and some
overwintering.

I am sure Terry Wahl can top these numbers.

Sure love Palms because they remind me of southern Florida where we use to
go in the winter alot when my mother-in-law was still alive. Learning their
call note sure helps finding them.

Merry migration!
Tim R
In sunny Coos Bay