Date: 10/4/17 5:06 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Carter Hill Observatory (04 Oct 2017) 36 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 3
Unknown Eagle 0 0 2
Unknown Raptor 0 0 27

Total: 36 132 4796

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Ken Klapper

Observers: Jen Frost, Jim & Diane Ciavarro, Kathleen Brockett,
Mark Timmerman, Steven Whitney

Visitors:
Eighty-one, including guests from the UK, Holland, and the Lone Star State.

Weather:
Partly cloudy to mostly clear skies, with a south to west breeze,
increasing through the day. Temps from the mid 50s to about 80F.

Raptor Observations:
A modest flight with decent diversity. A single Broad-winged Hawk was
recorded today.

Non-raptor Observations:
Myrtle Warblers ruled the orchard today. Pine Warbler was still singing
and a very nice yellow Palm Warbler got funky, keeping a steady beat with
its tail. There were up to eight sparrow species today (Chipping, possible
Clay-colored*, Savannah, Song, Swamp, Lincoln's, White-crowned, and Song).
*A Clay-colored was found by Phil Brown yesterday, and I might have thought
I caught a half a glimpse at the end of the day of a Spizella with a rather
interesting facial pattern.

Predictions:
Fair skies, and 10-15mph west winds. We should get a few birds. Maybe
more.
Report submitted by Ken Klapper (<kklapper...>)
Carter Hill Observatory information may be found at:
www.nhaudubon.org

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=679