Date: 10/4/17 3:04 pm
From: Hyndla Kensdottir <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender hyndla53704 for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: Sad news for many birds
I noticed the same decline in the number of squashed bugs on my windshield 2 summers ago, whenever I drove for 4 hours across northern Illinois.  There was  no windshield cleaning on my trips but it was required hourly in the 1950s and 60s.  Alerted, I noted very few squashed bugs in Dane County near marshes after driving several hours.
It really worried me at the time and I wondered why no one was talking about it.  If the bottom of the food pyramid disappears, everything above it starves to death.
Pam SkaarMadison, WI