Date: 10/4/17 6:35 am
From: Iain Macleod <pandiain.im...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Pack Monadnock Raptor Migration Observatory (03 Oct 2017) 55 Raptors
I watched the object for more than an hour through my scope and took
photos. It was drifting but very slowly. Based on my research it matched
perfectly a super pressure balloon used by NASA for various research
projects. Balloons like these are the size of football stadium and cruise
above 100,000 feet.
Based on the sightings, it was visible from anywhere in NH.
Pretty cool!

Iain MacLeod
Ashland