Date: 10/2/17 6:38 pm
From: Rudolph Keller <rckeller...>
Subject: another big warbler flight at Hawk Mt., Schuylkill
As is usually the case, fairly few passerines were seen or heard during the
windy, blustery frontal passage of the last few days, but last night's cold,
calm conditions apparently got birds moving. (My car thermometer registered
a nearly frosty 34F in the valley below Hawk Mt. at 5:45 a.m.) I heard about
400 nocturnal flight calls at South Lookout from 6-6:30 a.m., mostly of
Swainson's Thrush. At North Lookout, there was another big movement of
mostly boreal warblers and Blue-headed Vireos from about 7-9 a.m. The list
is below. The nearly windless conditions killed the raptor flight, of
course.

Rudy Keller
Boyertown, PA
Berks County