Date: 10/2/17 2:17 pm
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Mt pleasant clay colored
Thanks to Warren Cummings for lending me his phone earlier. Whew, nice day at Pleasant. 60 species. The two birds I liked best were Kentucky Warbler (on east side right across from Hodgepodge Lodge) and Nelson's Sparrow. The NESP I do believe is the exact same dull one I had here a year ago Oct. 4. It was funny seeing it, like an old friend. And the circumstances were similar. I think the willow where I had it this year (on the swale) is the same willow where I had it a year ago. Very cool bird. Last year it only stuck around for a day; wonder what it will do this time. Also got one of the Clay-Colored and the Vesper again. Fun seeing 3 grasshopper sparrows near each other on the swale. 11 sparrow species and 10 warbler species. For a long time I only had palm warbler, but I hit a couple of nice pockets on the east side. I was there a LONG time. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39519657 .

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)