Date: 10/1/17 8:25 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Hawk-watch today?
On 10/1/17, Janet Millenson <janet...> wrote:
> Any thoughts on whether conditions would be favorable to see migrating
> hawks at the Washington Monument S.P. this afternoon? Or should I wait
> for a day when it's cloudier/windier?

Hi Janet...late response

You can judge for yourself in terms of recent results:

Daily
http://hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=279&go=Go+to+site

Monthly
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?r=on&rsite=279&go=Go+to+site

In general cloudless, deep blue skies at this site are NOT conducive
to numbers regardless of the winds. Possibly the birds pass thru too
high to be seen.

8 Bald Eagles were seen on a quite cloudy day in late August.

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County
WA Co. MOS member