Date: 10/1/17 6:41 pm
From: Sam Safran <ssafranmidd...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Short-eared Owl (?) over Lake Merced this afternoon 10/1
Hi all,

I believe I saw and photographed a female Short-eared Owl over Lake Merced this afternoon, where I was birding along the canal. The bird was flying high towards the south pursued by two ravens. The photos are not perfect, but I think they might be diagnostic. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the ID from others, as I have no experience with this species and am still working on my raptor basics. Hoping I haven't botched this!

See check-list here:
ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39501053

Sam Safran
SF, CA

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings: