Date: 10/1/17 10:44 am
From: drbeel <drbeel...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Black-throated Blue in Linn County

Birders, late this AM I found a male Black-throated Blue Warbler at Wickiup Hill in Linn County.  The bird was near the small stream at the junction of the Savannah and Archeology Trails.
When I started birding 22 years ago,I decreed that BTBW was my favorite warbler.  While my daughter was at Harvard, I would time one of my trips to Boston to coincide with Spring migration.  My life Black-throated Blue was at Mt. Auburn Cemetery, arguably America's most famous migrant trap.
Winslow Homer (1836-1910) is my favorite American painter.  My lifer BTBW was found while I was visiting his gravesite.
A memorable intersection of two unrelated personal favorites.
Bill Scheible Cedar Rapids

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone