Date: 10/1/17 8:02 am
From: Justin Lawson via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Milford Point
my wife, Joseph Cala and I went to Milford Point this morning. Immediately
there was a Merlin on the Purple Martin gourds eaiting. Out on the beach we
had 2 Whimbrel and many American Oystercatchers. We sad at the spartina for
awhile photographing Nelson’s Sparrows and had 1 Saltmarsh Sparrow and 1
calling Clapper Rail.

complete list.

Coastal Center at Milford Point, New Haven, Connecticut, US
Oct 1, 2017 6:52 AM - 10:09 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.28 mile(s)
Comments: deer on way in.
37 species

Brant (Atlantic) 3
Canada Goose 8
American Black Duck 1
Double-crested Cormorant 12
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 8
Snowy Egret 4
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Clapper Rail 1
American Oystercatcher 16
Black-bellied Plover 40
Semipalmated Plover 3
Whimbrel 2 photos
Sanderling 80
Dunlin 6
Least Sandpiper 1
Semipalmated Sandpiper 24
Greater Yellowlegs 6
Lesser Yellowlegs 3
Bonaparte's Gull 3
Laughing Gull 1
Ring-billed Gull 5
Herring Gull (American) 19
Great Black-backed Gull 1
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 1
Merlin 1
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 2
Carolina Wren 1
American Robin 2
European Starling 5
Nelson's Sparrow 15 at least this many. photographed many. more likely
20-25. conservative count of at least 5 in 3 separate spartina patches.
Saltmarsh Sparrow 1
Savannah Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Northern Cardinal 3