Date: 9/30/17 8:24 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Goldfinch question - can't use legs
On 9/30/17, mjabdy via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:
Over the past month or so we've noticed at least three goldfinches
(two males and one female) that have had minimal use of their legs...
***********************
Hey Mark! I haven't seen this problem, but then I wouldn't at this
season. The eye issue alone has led me to curtail feeding to only a
mid-Jan to mid-May time frame. I don't know that this helps, but at
least it limits the exposure period...

You've likely already done this, but when searching for "goldfinch leg
disorder" I came up with a couple of likely hits. Couldn't open them
tho with only Dial-up at home:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=goldfinch+leg+disorder&form=HPNTDF&pc=HPNTDF&src=IE-SearchBox

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area