Date: 9/30/17 2:21 pm
From: 'Diana Pesek' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Fall sparrow search Saturday
James Huntington and I birded for fall sparrows today. At Pintail Wetlands in Hardin County this morning, we found a few NELSON'S SPARROWS but dipped on LeConte's Sparrows. An AMERICAN BITTERN that flushed while we were tromping was a nice consolation prize, though.

At Otter Creek Marsh in Tama County in the early afternoon, we dipped on both fall sparrows. There were a few shorebirds at the pond along the main access road, including GREATER YELLOWLEGS, LESSER YELLOWLEGS, LEAST SANDPIPERS, SEMIPALMATED PLOVER and KILLDEER.

Diana Pesek
Cedar Rapids

.