Date: 9/30/17 4:45 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: FIELD TRIP TO NINESTONE LAND TRUST SUNDAY OCTOBER 8, 2017
Northwest Arkansas Audubon Society will gather with members, friends, and anyone else interested, for a field trip to Ninestone Land Trust in Carroll County on Sunday, October 8, 2017. Meet at Ninestone at 9 AM. If you arrive later, you can bird around until you run into us. There is a lot more information about Ninestone on the NWAAS web site at:

http://www.nwarkaudubon.org/Places%20to%20Bird%20PDFs/BIRDING%20NINESTONE%20with%20images%20Feb%2013,%202013.pdf

BIRDING NINESTONE LAND TRUST - NWAAS Home<http://www.nwarkaudubon.org/Places%20to%20Bird%20PDFs/BIRDING%20NINESTONE%20with%20images%20Feb%2013,%202013.pdf>
www.nwarkaudubon.org
BIRDING NINESTONE LAND TRUST Directions to Ninestone Land Trust in southern Carroll County: 1. For those coming from Berryville or North: From intersection of Hwy. 62 ...

including directions and more description of Ninestone.

Everyone is welcome. You do not need to be a member to participate. Folks new to birding will find this a fun place to get started. On this field trip we just follow whatever is interesting including the landscape, flowers and trees, frogs, insects, snakes, plus birds, of course. Those with mobility impairments will find Ninestone a comfortable spot to look at birds, plants, waterfalls without need for hiking.

Ninestone is in southern Carroll County. The awesome natural beauty and habitat diversity makes it a fine place to see and hear birds, plants, springs, and natural rock formations typical of the Ozarks. It features a variety of forested habitats including Piney Creek, Ozark bluffs, grassy fields, and the waterfall with its spring run. Glades and warm-season native grasses are being restored and we’ll experience that, too. It is a great opportunity to see a variety of migrant and resident land birds typical of the western Ozarks.

We also have a fun pot-luck style lunch, so bring some stuff to share. We can try a carpool from Fayetteville if anyone is interested. Please call me at 479-521-1858 if interested.

Join us on Facebook!