Date: 9/29/17 4:40 pm
From: Cindy McCormack <nwbirder...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [Tweeters] Thoughts on Skamania County Jay and Lewis's Woodpecker migration
Hi Wilson,

It seems there is usually a fairly steady stream of jays moving along the
north shore of the gorge in the late summer/early fall, but not in the
numbers reported last week. I wondered if the smoke/fire had pushed a
larger number together at once, rather than the more steady stream of
migrating jays.

Also, I do remember that Cathy Flick, John Davis and I had over 300 Lewis'
Woodpeckers in the Catherine Creek section of the 2015 Klickitat Fall
Migration Count. They weren't around in those numbers in the other areas
of the counts, nor the following weekend. We figured we hit the timing and
acorn crop just right. However, if I remember correctly, there were lots
of BIG fires in the Pateros-Winthrop-Twisp-Chelan areas that year, all
areas with good numbers of Lewis' Woodpeckers normally.

:)
Cindy

--

*_________________Cindy McCormackVancouver, WAnwbirderatgmailcom*