Date: 9/28/17 5:33 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Carter Hill Observatory (28 Sep 2017) 14 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 3 3
Unknown Eagle 0 1 1
Unknown Raptor 0 27 27

Total: 14 4569 4569

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Ken Klapper

Observers: Geoffrey Niswander, Jen Frost, Ken Bednars, Maureen Joyce,
Robert Vallieres, Ted Kendziora

Visitors:
One-hundred and sixty four including 84 fourth-graders and 18
teachers/adults from Little Harbour School in Portsmouth. We hope you had
a fun and enriching day today! My special thanks to everyone who helped
this morning.

Weather:
Pretty forceful NW winds (up to 20mph, gusting to 30). Morning clouds
mostly dissipated by the afternoon. Temps steady around 70F all day, but
it felt cooler.

Raptor Observations:
Lower than expected. I guess the migrants followed the ridges today.

Non-raptor Observations:
Six sparrow species (White-crowned, Savannah, Swamp, White-throated,
Chipping, Song). Many Canada Geese migrating today - 218 total. 23
(skidoo!) Monarchs.

Predictions:
Conditions look good for migration over Carter Hill - winds will lighten
up, but remain from the NW. Blue skies will predominate, so take an
early weekend and please lend your eyes tomorrow!
Report submitted by Ken Klapper (<kklapper...>)
Carter Hill Observatory information may be found at:
www.nhaudubon.org

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=679