Date: 9/28/17 10:56 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Beach, Dunes & Hedge Areas Thursday 9-28-17
Hello Bird People,

Only 2 shorebird species today & 5 warbler species & although nothing
was special 2 or 3 species were of some interest if for no other
reason than I hadn't seen them since Spring. Today I was joined by
Chuck F for most of the a.m.

Montrose Dunes & Beach (7-8:30 a.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (2 fly-bys), Canada Goose (2 fly-bys) & Mallard (also 2 fly-bys)
Red Tailed Hawk (1-IM, on a light pole eating something)
Killdeer (3) & Sanderling (group of 11)
Ring Billed (65) & Herring (4) Gulls (On the beach)
Crows (3-4)

In the small Willows were YELLOW BELLIED SAPSUCKER (1), Downy
Woodpecker (2), Least Flycatcher (1), WINTER WREN (1), Palm (4) & Y.R.
Myrtle (2) Warblers & Savannah (2), Song (4) & White Crowned (1-AD &
1-IM) Sparrows. No Nelson's Sparrows today for me.

Montrose Point Hedge Area (8:30-10:15 a.m.)

Kingfisher (1-M flying around)
Cooper's Hawk (1-IM, chasing everything!)
Flicker (2)
Chickadee (4) & RED BREASTED NUTHATCH (1)
Golden Crowned (2) & Ruby Crowned (2) Kinglets
Eastern Phoebe (1)
Robins (4) & Gray Catbird (2)
NORTHERN PARULA (1-F)
ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER (1)
American Redstart (1-M & 2-F)
More Palm (2) & Y.R. Myrtle (6) Warblers
Cardinal (1-M)
Swamp (1) & White Throated (4) Sparrows
House Finch (1-M) & Goldfinch (10-12)
House Sparrrow (3-4)

Bird-Of-The-Day to the female or young Parula &
Runners-Up to the Orange Crowned Warbler & the Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

License Plate Of The Day to one from Montana seen on Oakton Street on
the way home.
For some reason I have seen 5 or 6 Montana plates (more than normal)
this year but can't find a single one from Wyoming for the 2nd plates
run?

Al Stokie
Birding in Chicago this a.m.

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>