Date: 9/27/17 11:05 am
From: Brodie Lewis <brodietlewis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Cal Gulls Hawking Insects; Small Southerly Directed Dragonfly Flight in Lincoln Co. on 9/27
A great way to observe the aerial prowess of the California Gull is to
float the Deschutes River in May during the Salmonfly hatch. Flocks of up
to 50 Calis will spend the whole day hawking these huge flies (its amazing
they can eat so many, honestly). For the rest of the year it is uncommon to
see more than two or three.

Brodie
Maupin, OR