Date: 9/27/17 7:51 am
From: John & Mary Jo <jmjhrtgh...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Trumpeter Swans
Just got back from my neighbor’s north of us. He chopped his corn. In the field just north of his place, 3519 Windfall Ave., Elma in Mitchell County, he has 2 adult Trumpeter Swans and 4 full grown immatures. He doesn’t live on this property - no house anymore. This may be a first for my Mitchell Co. List. Now if I can just find it.

Couldn’t read the number on the one adult’s collar. Too far for my scope from the road.

He says they’ve been there since Monday and he’s been too busy to call me.

Mary Jo Hartogh, Mitchell County