Date: 9/26/17 6:28 pm
From: 'Andrea' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Lark Sparrow - Concord

After seeing an ebird report of a Lark Sparrow, seen Sunday on West Locke Rd,
in Concord, I got some additional details of where it had been seen
and tried for it this evening at 5 pm.

The location is down West Locke Rd, just beyond the Canal trail,
by the marsh on the right.

We played calls and songs from the ibird Pro App,
and IT SANG!

Song is a lengthy, fast-paced serious of melodious, sparrow-quality,
warbled phrases. (faster and different quality than catbird)

I had a couple brief glimpses of it (the singing, sparrow-sized bird), flying from bush to bush, but the sun was going down, and it could not be talked into coming up for a better view.

But, we definitely heard it.

Andrea and George Robbins
Pittsfield, NH

Sent from my iPad