Date: 9/25/17 5:14 pm
From: Matt Dufort <matt.dufort...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Western Scrub-Jays
Devon et al.,

There's a really informative article on Scrub-Jays in Washington and the
rest of the Pacific NW by Bill Tweit here:
http://ebird.org/content/nw/news/the-scrub-jay-world-just-became-more-complicated-and-interesting/
.

The short version is that essentially all Scrub-Jays in Washington are
California Scrub-Jay, whether west or east of the Cascades. There is one
accepted record for Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay, from the far southeast corner of
the state in 2002.

Matt Dufort
Seattle