Date: 9/25/17 5:06 pm
From: Ellen Tushar <etushar...>
Subject: RE: [ia-bird] North Benton County - Monarch Migration - birds too
I hope it was ok to email about the Monarchs. I got a little excited.

This fall we have had good luck spotting warblers in the yard.

Black and whites have been the most numerous and I’ve seen them in pairs three times.

Tonight there were two talkative Towhees in an apple tree.

The light was waning for identifying warblers, but I was able to get a good look at a Magnolia.

A Blue Winged warbler was heard.

Over the weekend our favorite yard birds were Black and Whites, Ovenbird, Cape May and Chestnut Sided Warblers as well as two Blue Headed Vireos, a Yellow Throated Vireo and a Red Breasted Nuthatch.

Thanks,

Ellen Tushar

Sent from Mail for Windows 10