Date: 9/25/17 5:59 am
From: Phil Silas via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve, Sep 24, 2017
VA Birders,
Seventeen Birders enjoyed the ideal weather for the free and open to all bird-walk which is sponsored by Friends of Dyke Marsh, and meets at the South end of the Belle Haven picnic area at 8 every Sunday except during CBC season. We tallied 49 species plus an unIDed flying warbler, with the surprise migrant being a 1st year Common Gallinule. Other highlights included 2 adult Red-headed, and a FOS Yellow-bellied Sapsucker that left us just a Pileated short of the set of our local woodpeckers. Thanks to Ed Eder for IDing the bright yellow, abundant Smooth Beggar-tick flowers, and Mark for bringing daughter Ava who enjoyed her 1st scope views of perched Bald Eagles. Thanks also to Dick Bauder and Phil George, and others for helping to spot and ID birds. Complete list follows.
Phil Silas, Woodbridge, VA
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: