Date: 9/24/17 8:37 am
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Goose Pond

Mark Martin mentioned that the food plot ,north of the lake, looked good for sparrows. Although I didn't find any ammodramus sparrows, it's really nice to walk the trails. Early in the morning would probably be best. I did see Savannah, Lincoln's, Song, Swamp and Clay-colored Sparrows. I saw 25 + Bobolinks, which are one of the nicest looking fall colored birds. And they even like to perch high on the weeds. 500 Red-winged Blackbirds were in the plot. I flushed some pheasants and a Sora. Lots of goldfinches were also around. The biggest surprise was a very large Snapping Turtle ,in the path.
The White-crowned Sparrows should be in there in a week or two.
Anyhow, I highly recommend the walk. Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.