Date: 9/23/17 3:00 pm
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] Yard migrants in Madison
I haven't been able to get out lately due to illness, so the birds finally came to me. I just had a really nice little mixed flock, which included Tennessee, Bay-breasted, Magnolia and possibly a Nashville Warbler (although that might have been the Magnolia from a different angle,) a pair of Am. Redstarts, a female Scarlet Tanager, and a ton of Robins, which emptied the bird bath. One of the latter still had breast spots and scaling on the back. The tanager was a new "yard" bird. Slightly surprised I'd never had one in 12 years at this house.

I'd better get out there and refill the bird bath...

Peter Fissel

Southeast side of Madison, Dane Co.