Date: 9/23/17 2:06 pm
From: Ed Wallace <mottledduck...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Crescent Bird Club Trip
All,

The Crescent Bird Club had an outing to Seabrook and New Orleans City Park. It was warm and humid the entire time. By the time we finished, it was pushing 90. Seabrook was uneventful. Not sure why but the diversity of birds there has diminished over the years. City park was more interesting. Decent birding highlighted by the Golden Pheasant seen at the end of the trip. When photos are available, I will add to the trip list. Birded both Scout Island and Couturie Woods. Migrants included Summer Tanager, Baltimore oriole, 4 warbler species (Common Yellow-throat, American Redstart, Yellow warbler, and Wilson's warbler), Red-eyed vireos and Eastern Wood Pewees. I have provided both lists for your perusal below:

Seabrook, Orleans, Louisiana, US
Sep 23, 2017 8:05 AM - 8:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.2 mile(s)
Comments: Crescent bird club outing. Sunny, warm and humid. This location is losing its luster species wise, but its a good place to meet and show beginning birders how to identify gulls.
11 species

Great Blue Heron 1
Snowy Egret 1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 1
Killdeer 1
Ruddy Turnstone 2
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Laughing Gull 40
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 43
American Crow 2
Fish Crow 3
European Starling 2

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39350851

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org

City Park, Orleans, Louisiana, US
Sep 23, 2017 8:39 AM - 11:59 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: Crescent Bird Club trip. Sunny, warm and humid approaching 90. Decent birding highlighted by the Golden Pheasant seen at the end of the trip. When photos are available, I will add to the trip list. Birded both Scout Island and Couturie Woods. Migrants included Summer Tanager, Baltimore oriole, 4 warbler species (Common Yellow-throat, American Redstart, Yellow warbler, and Wilson's warbler), Red-eyed vireos and Eastern Wood Pewees.
36 species (+1 other taxa)

Wood Duck 4
Anhinga 2
Great Egret 1
Snowy Egret 1
Little Blue Heron 2
Tricolored Heron 1
Green Heron 1
White Ibis 4
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 3
Chimney Swift 7
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
White-eyed Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 12
American Crow 1
Fish Crow 1
Carolina Chickadee 5
Carolina Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 4
American Robin 1
Brown Thrasher 2
Northern Mockingbird 5
Common Yellowthroat 1
American Redstart 1
Yellow Warbler 4
Wilson's Warbler 1
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.) 2 One had a bluish head contrasting with olive green back, but it had wingbars. I think it might have been a Tennessee with fluffed feathers. The other warbler was probably a bay breasted, but did not get good enough looks.
Summer Tanager 6
Northern Cardinal 7
Baltimore Oriole 1
House Finch 7