Date: 9/22/17 10:28 pm
From: 'Alvaro Jaramillo' <chucao...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Fantastic day out on the water today.
Hello all,

Today was a really pleasant and fun day to be on a pelagic. Nice light,
super clear skies, and a great assortment of birds. Our highlights were
multiple views of Flesh-footed Shearwater, being conservative we are calling
it one bird although it could have been two different birds as it was found
on multiple occasions over a period of time. Similarly, multiple sightings
of South Polar Skua, minimum two birds and a total of about 6 individual
sightings. The Flesh-foot and Skuas were in San Francisco county. Lots of
Pink-footed, Sooty, and Buller's shearwaters, a couple of Ashy Storm
Petrels, the common alcids plus Tufted Puffin. Great views of many
Black-footed Albatross, some nice Pomarines and Parasitic jaegers as well.
Certain parts of the route were just wonderful, action packed, and the views
of everything today seemed to be good to exceptional. The whale show was
fantastic, being surrounded by Blue Whales at times, many Humpbacks, again
just outstanding views in good weather. Running back home we came across a
group of Risso's Dolphins, which gave great views..once again.

Good birds, good whales, awesome views, nice weather. It was an
outstanding day.

Out again in October from Half Moon Bay, and this weekend in Monterey.

http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo

<mailto:<alvaro...> <alvaro...>