Date: 9/20/17 10:26 am
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Goldewinged at oregon
Email phone problems delayed the previous message. Around 11:30 the Golden-Winged was putting on a good show 10-20 feet above the ground in the first large sycamore that's downhill from the fenced garden along the field path next to the woods. It was with a mixed flock of warblers and red-eyed vireos. As you are going downhill on the path to the sycamore, the gwwa was with the other birds on the right side of the sycamore where there are some nice branches that are shaded and inviting. They hung around for around 5 minutes, maybe more.

Other nice birds today included sharp-shinned (1), Cooper's (1), merlin (1), Phila vireo (1), r-c kinglet (1), veery (1), gray-cheeked (2), r-b grosbeak (3) and 10 warbler species (gwwa, black and white, yellowthroat, redstart, parula, magnolia, bay-breasted, blackpoll, yellow-rumped and b-t green).

It's been fun getting to know this place. I never gave it much attention before this fall. Beats Cromwell of late.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39299815 .

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)