Date: 9/13/17 4:01 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
It was slow in bird activity this fine, sunny morning. We did the north trail (flat) of Mt. Pisgah. We did find one mixed flock with mostly chickadees that had a Black-throated Gray Warbler, a White-breasted Nuthatch, and a Downy Woodpecker, all energized. The Black Phoebe was a delightful surprise, and sorely missed these past few years.
35 species

Canada Goose - heard two flocks
Mallard - about a dozen in 'Me-and-Moor' pond
California Quail - 1
Pied-billed Grebe - 1 in above pond
Turkey Vulture - 13
Osprey - more than 3
Red-tailed Hawk - 2
Mourning Dove - 1
Downy Woodpecker - 4
Northern Flicker - 4
Black Phoebe - 1
Steller's Jay - 6
California Scrub-Jay - 8
American Crow - small flock
Common Raven - 2
Tree Swallow - few
Violet-green Swallow - 30 +
Barn Swallow - 3
Black-capped Chickadee - maybe 20
Chestnut-backed Chickadee - a group only at my home feeder
White-breasted Nuthatch - 1
Wrentit - 2
American Robin - 10
European Starling - small numbers often seen
Cedar Waxwing - several at different places
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 12
Chipping Sparrow - 1
Savannah Sparrow - 2 and probably more heard
Song Sparrow - 16
White-crowned Sparrow - 3
Brewer's Blackbird - 1
House Finch - 3
Lesser Goldfinch - couple heard
American Goldfinch - flock heard

Ellen Cantor, Randy Sinnott, Steven and Judy Franzen, Dennis Arendt, Scott McNeeley, Cindy Armstrong and husband, Jim Regali, Sylvia Maulding, Kit Larsen, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!