Date: 9/13/17 10:57 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Hart-Miller Island Birding Bus Tour 9/26/2017
Hello everyone,

On Tuesday, September 26, I will be leading a birding bus tour at Hart-Miller Island (HMI). The boat will depart from landbase at 9:00 AM and return at 1:30 PM. While at HMI, we will cover the entire site, stopping at multiple locations to look for shorebirds, waterfowl, migratory songbirds, and any other notable birds that might be present. The tour will be conducted via tour bus and will involve minimal walking.

This tour is open to anyone. To sign up, email tcarn [at] menv [dot] com. Space is limited to 20 participants. You may reserve a maximum of 2 spaces. If more than 20 people sign up, I will develop a waiting list in case any participants cancel.

If you regularly join the Monday birding walks, consider not signing up for the birding bus tour to open up space for those who might not be physically able to handle the usual 7-mile walk. However, you must be able to board the boat and the bus without assistance.

The tour will be canceled in the event of high winds or excessive rain.

This tour is offered by Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port Administration (MDOT MPA) and Maryland Environmental Service (MES), and is not affiliated with any birding club or organization.

These birding bus tours will become a twice-yearly event moving forward, with one tour offered in April/May and another offered in August/September each year.

Tim Carney
Parkville/Towson, MD