Date: 9/13/17 9:51 am
From: Jon Kauffman <jvk5019...>
Subject: Field Trip Announcement
Hello all,

With our first big push of Broad-winged Hawks this week its time to get
excited about hawk migration and spent time visiting nearby hawkwatches and
other sites throughout the state. Below is our first field trip
announcement of the fall. I hope to see you on the mountain.

Happy fall birding,

Jon Kauffman

Joint trip with Juniata Valley Audubon Society. October 28 is the rain
date.

Trip to Waggoner's Gap Hawkwatch

Saturday, Oct 21: 8am - 4pm

Joint trip with Juniata Valley Audubon Society. October 28 is the rain
date.

Trip leaders: Susan Braun and Jon Kauffman

Join Juniata Valley Audubon Society for a trip to Waggoner’s Gap Hawk Watch
in Carlisle, PA. October is a great time for a variety of raptors and
maybe even an early golden eagle. Bring your camera and binoculars, pack
water and a lunch, bring sun protection, and dress in layers of clothing
(conditions are often cooler and windier on the ridge). A low chair or
soft cushion is helpful if you don’t like sitting on rocks. There is a
portable toilet at the north parking lot. Plan to meet at Pennsylvania
Military Museum in Boalsburg, PA at 8am to carpool to the site or plan to
drive on your own and meet at the site.

Directions to: Pennsylvania Military Museum
<https://goo.gl/maps/LCVCK3dVNq82> 51 Boal Avenue, Boalsburg, PA

Directions to: Waggoner’s Gap <http://www.waggap.com/Directions.htm>

Join us on Facebook!