Date: 9/13/17 5:12 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Seeking warblers
The only issue with Terrapin is finding it! Not obvious. You have to drive into a business park and wind your way through to the westernmost road to get to the entrance. Not well-marked, or at least wasn't the last time we were there.

I second the recommendation, however. Especially on a NE wind, it can be very birdy. For example, one October some years back we went there with friends from Texas. There had been a fair NE breeze on a clear night. There was a petty spectacular diurnal flight of robins and jays, a few late warblers, Pine and Palm, and over 50 kinglets of both species! A birder at Sandy Point the same day had only 3 kinglets so obviously the birds were piled up along the bay shore. We have had Connecticut and Golden-winged there in years past as well. Great place!

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad