Date: 9/12/17 2:31 pm
From: Irvin Pitts <pittsjam...>
Subject: RE: 11 Hudsonian Godwits, Lake Wheeler
Hello,
This reminds me - on August 22, 1992 (I know, this is old) I was leading a bird walk at Huntington Beach State Park during unsettled weather when a flock of about 20 Hudsonian Godwits flew in from the ocean, wheeled around and landed at the old jetty pond on the beach just in front of our group. The birds restlessly flashed their wings and gave us amazing scope views before they all took flight again 3 to 4 minutes later. Sorry for bringing up such an "old" sighting into the current discussion but these posts reminded me of one of my more memorable shorebird encounters!

Irvin Pitts
Lexington, SC

Join us on Facebook!