Date: 9/12/17 8:23 am
From: Terry Valentine <terryval...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] wind speed and bird feeders (Gwinnett County)
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I did put two feeders back
out around mid-afternoon - the nectar feeder and my tube/seed feeder, the
latter of which I simply set out on our covered back porch as it has a catch
tray to sit on (although it does normally hang nearby so it would have been
easy to find). Neither blew away or was damaged, but feeding the birds may
have been a moot point by then as we had only a few hours of daylight left
and the main "arm" of wind and rain was passing through. I didn't see any
birds come by but we may have had a few nonetheless. We've had a family of
goldfinches - the father with 2-3 fledglings still twittering to be fed -
come by several times over the past few days, and I was surprised that a
clutch had been hatched this late in the season. I'm wondering how the
fledglings fared.

At least next time (maybe in another week or two from the look of things -
?) I'll have a better idea of what to expect.

Terry Valentine
Hoschton