Date: 9/12/17 8:13 am
From: plm108 <plm108...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Storm Birds - Impact of Irma
I see some very good reports coming in across Georgia about storm-impacted birds. Keep up the good work and don't forget to report your sightings to ebird. They're tracking "real time" storm birds and this promises to provide excellent data on the impact of hurricanes on pelagic and other species. Citizen science at its best!!

BirdCast link
  http://birdcast.info/forecast/hurricane-irmas-impact-on-birds/

Stay safe!!

Patty McLean, Tucker GA

-------- Original message --------From: plm108 <plm108...> Date: 9/9/17 7:04 AM (GMT-06:00) To: <GABO-L...> Subject: [GABO-L] Storm Birds and Birding
Hi All. Several of you may have already seen this eBird notification and making your plans to search for rarities. It's certainly worth a second read by those who are interested in checking Georgia's big lakes after Irma passes through (and before/after Jose hits if it follows Irma inland).

Lake Hartwell, Lake Lanier, Carter's Lake, possibly Lake Juliette and other large water bodies could have some highly unusual pelagic/ocean-going birds such as the ones listed in the report below. And not only those birds brought in by the storm but also birds on their southward migration route that are blocked by the storm. If you see something unusual, please let us know via GABO and/or GOS Facebook even if you're unsure of the ID. It could be something that we don't often see. A photo or two will help.

Also, you can safely track rare bird sightings using the eBird tool in the article below. Thanks and I hope you and your loved ones remain safe!

http://birdcast.info/forecast/hurricane-irmas-impact-on-birds/

Patty McLean, Tucker GA

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>