Date: 9/11/17 9:17 am
Subject: Warblers on the move this morning in Watauga Co., NC
Birders,

I had 15 species of wood warblers this morning on my farm in Watauga Co. I think this is a personal record for one day for the property. Notables were single golden-winged, Kentucky, and Wilson's warblers--the latter a new addition to the yard list!

The complete list submitted to eBird follows.

Merrill Lynch
Watauga Co., NC

> Echo Valley Farm, Watauga, North Carolina, US
> Sep 11, 2017 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
> Protocol: Traveling
> 0.75 mile(s)
> 43 species
>
> Wood Duck (Aix sponsa) 2
> Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 1
> Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 1
> Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 2
> Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) 9
> Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 2
> Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 1
> Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) (Colaptes auratus auratus/luteus) 1
> Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus) 1
> Eastern Wood-Pewee (Contopus virens) 2
> Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) 1
> Yellow-throated Vireo (Vireo flavifrons) 1
> Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 2
> American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 5
> Carolina Chickadee (Poecile carolinensis) 4
> Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 4
> White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) (Sitta carolinensis carolinensis) 3
> House Wren (Troglodytes aedon) 1
> Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 2
> American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 10
> Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 4
> Brown Thrasher (Toxostoma rufum) 1
> Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) 42
> Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) 2
> Golden-winged Warbler (Vermivora chrysoptera) 1
> Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) 2
> Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina) 6
> Kentucky Warbler (Geothlypis formosa) 1
> Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) 4
> Hooded Warbler (Setophaga citrina) 4
> American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) 10
> Cape May Warbler (Setophaga tigrina) 2
> Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia) 1
> Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca) 1
> Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica) 5
> Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) 4
> Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens) 5
> Wilson's Warbler (Cardellina pusilla) 1
> Field Sparrow (Spizella pusilla) 2
> Eastern Towhee (Pipilo erythrophthalmus) 5
> Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 2
> Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) 1
> American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 3
>
> View this checklist online at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S39127154&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=FjbEXmCfWtZWEAmaCJM5RuvPXavj1n-_-AH2w5bUSC0&s=qWcoUmuJSO8Nve4IvdGvwQfd8JAAXpj9DUa0qr6h0ms&e=
>
> This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=FjbEXmCfWtZWEAmaCJM5RuvPXavj1n-_-AH2w5bUSC0&s=sqKQgLmwWxvR-3qwdlae7BebmE6igZcw9oXqscGLQIo&e= )

Join us on Facebook!