Date: 9/10/17 5:45 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Western MeadowLark help
Thanks Tom,

Just confirmed this with a visit to this media site:

http://portlandtribune.com/ttt/89-news/365595-246866-oregon-lawmakers-vote-to-make-osprey-state-raptor

What a disgrace, that Oregon's Senate voted unanimously for this
abomination! Does this mean that we no longer have a regular state bird?

I do like the idea of a state tubenose, but I'd vote for the
paleo-tubenose that was unearthed at John Day Fossil Beds about 10 years
back.

Meanwhile I'll be calling my legislators tomorrow to lobby for Turkey
Vulture as our State Avian Scavenger. They should be able to recognize
them from the kettle circling above the golden man on the state capitol.
And while I'm at it, I'll lobby for the Virginia Opossum as our State
Roadkill Marsupial.

Cheers,
Joel

Join us on Facebook!