Date: 9/9/17 7:35 pm
From: Linda Vidosh Zempel <0000009ad62f9c3d-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Central Kansas trip report
Real Good Birding

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Kathy Carroll<kcarrol2...> wrote:
Malcolm Gold, Robert Trenton Reed and myself did a repeat run of the Burroughs field trip from two weekends ago and went today to McPherson Little Sink Hole, Quivira NWR, Larned, and Cheyenne Bottoms.

Despite the fact we saw numerous teal hunters near all the refuges we managed to find some nice state birds including; Broad-tailed Hummingbird (Pawnee Co.) and the previously reported Roseate Spoonbill, Sabine's Gull, Common Gallinule, and Laughing Gull.

We also saw several Massasauga Rattlesnakes including one very

young one.

McPherson: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39077799

Quivira Little Salt Marsh: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39080314

Cheyenne Bottoms: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39095695

It was definitely a long day of great birding with good friends!

Good birding,

Kathy Carroll

Leavenworth Co.

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html