Date: 9/9/17 5:35 am
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Storm Birds and Birding
Thanks, Patty, for this excellent advice and reminders! This could be one
of the most important weeks of the year in terms of what we all
observe...the combination of typically very exciting mid-September
migration, and two of the most horrendous storms we have ever seen, offers
mind-boggling possibilities. In the interest of all, I would like to second
Patty's motion that we all try to get the word out quickly....particularly
to GABO, so folks can instantly join the race towards any potential
rarities, and Ebird so that whatever we observe goes quickly into the most
scientific and substantial data pool.

Indeed, any lake and pond should be checked -- and don't forget about the
Chattahoochee! My former home state of Maryland is currently enjoying a
Sabine's Gull well up the Potomac River (they also had a Sharp-tailed
Sandpiper this week near the coast!) Finally, of course, prayers and best
wishes to all the people in Texas, Florida, and the eastern Caribbean. They
are going to need lots of help in the days ahead.

Thanks again, Patty, and good birding to all --

James Gibson
Clayton Co.