Date: 9/8/17 1:01 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ?? Townsend's Solitaires in downtown Portland??
Hi Nathan

Townsend’s Solitaries normally do occur sparingly in Portland from late fall through about early May. Along the coast I have seen them from early winter into late April. (with the April being the best month to see them on the coast) In my experience they are always worth a second or third look at lowland locations. Birds in the Portland area and along the coast are often at non-native berries, such as ivy, holly, or pyracantha.

Jeff

> On Sep 8, 2017, at 12:51 PM, Nathaniel Wander <nw105...> wrote:
>
> Fire-driven is the only thing that makes sense. I've found a few reports on line--mostly from 1920s--of solitaires turning up in PDX or SFO, but only in winter.
>
> Nathaniel Wander
> Portland, OR
>
> "Don't work towards freedom. Make the work the freedom."

Join us on Facebook!