Date: 9/8/17 12:48 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: Black-throated Sparrow at Mile Square
I bit more on the Black-throated Sparrow. It seemed to really like the
wooden fence area in the nature area next to the dry pond. I'm not sure
what plant/weed is growing there, but it was feeding on the seeds from it.
It would occasionally fly south of that area into the thicker vegetation,
but would come back to the fence to feed frequently. It was calling
frequently. Only other bird of note was the MacGillivray's Warbler that I
found in the southwest corner of the nature area, close to the heavily
drilled eucalyptus tree.

Link to the eBird list with photos of the BTSP

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> wrote:

> Just had a juvinile Black-throated Sparrow inside the nature area along
> the wooden fence next to the dry pond. It was chipping frequently. Flew To
> the south deeper into the nature area and I lost it.
>
> Jeff Bray
> Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!