Date: 9/8/17 8:10 am
From: 'Norene' <noreneclare...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [NBB] Fw: Bodega Bay - Raving with Ravens
So… I always thought of those calls as a walnuts rubbing together sound. The visual works for me -- especially when those guys eye you with it, like they're holding the dice (walnuts) in their hands.

Incidentally, I'm told by rangers who've been studying this thing that common ravens are one the biggest threats to snowy plovers (eggs are yummy), sigh. I can see that possibility. I can also see how easy it might be to mistake a raven call for something else. They are excellent mimics.

Norene