Date: 9/7/17 4:42 pm
From: Jamie Meyers via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Short Beach and Birdseye Boat Ramp, Stratford
I went to the two locations noted above in an attempt to add common nighthawk to my Fairfield County list. I stopped first at Birdseye in the hope that I could also add black skimmer to my county list. Happily, the juvenile bird that was most recently reported on the fifth was still present. A peregrine flew over as I was leaving. A walk up the entire length of short beach revealed no nighthawks, but I did have a flyover Merlin and a very pretty sunset. As I was making my way back to my car several minutes after sundown, two birds came jetting over my head rapidly flying south towards the sound. They were nighthawks!

A pleasing conclusion to a day that was otherwise pedestrian at best.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT

Sent from my iPhone so blame Apple for any grammatical weirdness in this note.