Date: 9/7/17 8:41 am
From: Linda Just <ljustrn...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Swan Creek Sharp-tailed Sandpiper August 5/6 - MAYBE?
I was there Tuesday and, after reviewing my photos and thinking more about
it, I have since them been skeptical myself. While I am no expert on
Sharp-tailed Sandpipers, I would have thought the bird would have had more
of an obvious crown. I do not remember seeing that rufousy looking crown
that was so obvious in Sibley's illustrations. I also wondered if the bird
would have lost that much streaking in a period of 4 days-but again, I'm no
expert, and often rely on great birders, like Matt. Maybe I could pose
those questions to Matt. I did see the streaking that extended to the
flanks, that Matt so graciously pointed out to the birders that were
present Tuesday, though. Nevertheless, whether it is accepted or not, I
had a wonderful time looking at the other rarities . And a great find by
Matt!

Lin Just
Colora, Md